Do you feel like you wrote you haven’t looked back over your bio since you set up your instagram account? Its a good idea to refresh, and look to see whether your bio is still aligned with you.
Here’s how to nail your instagram bio, so, you make the best first impression.
- Your handle is the name at the top of the page, and should match your company name/other names you go by. This is searchable in instagram
- Your name is also searchable, so unless you have a large following and people will search by your name/business name then use industry specific key words-mine is “Social Media Consultant” but, I’ve also included my name too, as it’s not part of my business name. I think it breaks down barriers if your potential customer knows your name, they automatically feel an infinity towards you.
- The bio is limited to 150 characters so use them wisely and speak directly to your customers about how you can help them.
- Use the website link, make sure it’s easy for your customers to make contact with you, buy from you and learn more about you. You can change this so that your audience is directed to something you are promoting
- Use location tag or your full address if you have a bricks and mortar business
- Use story highlights to inform your customers about what you sell, and the experience people can expect from you.
- Ideas of what to include in highlights: User generated content (content that your customers have tagged you in) behind the scenes, any press mentions, reviews and any offers or freebies.
- Add a cover image to your highlights that clearly defines your branding
- Keep them updated, it’s one of the first places someone will look when they land on your page.
Final tip if you want to make your instagram aesthetically pleasing use a line break app, so that your bio is super clear and easy to read. I use this one here and I’ll let you in on a secret, I use it on my grid posts too.
I help food producers so they don’t feel overwhelmed by their social media marketing, find out more about my services or join my free facebook group ‘Toast Points’ for weekly social media marketing tips and access to support